The 2019 Neighborhood Play Contest
This program is for North Texas K-12 students who are enouraged to write a short play, scene, poem, monologue, or prose and then submit it to the contest for a chance to have their entry selected for the 2019 Festival of the Kid.
This year marks the 12th year for the contest which is sponsored by the Stage West Patron Member group.
To see a list of this year's winners, click here.
Things to Know:
- We accept entries in English and Spanish.
- We love original and autobiographical stories.
- We have a fantastic creative writing program, centered on playwriting, that can travel to small groups and classes. Please contact us at education [at] stagewest.org for more information.
- TBD is the deadline for entry.
- Winners are announced in January 2020 with auditions for the Festival of the Kid shortly after. (Dates TBA)
How to Submit:
- Send a copy of your entry by email to education [at] stagewest.org
- Mail it: Education Department, Stage West, 821 W. Vickery Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Drop it off in person during our Tues-Sat 12pm-5pm box office hours: Stage West, 821 W. Vickery Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76104