Stage West has the following job openings:
This part-time, salaried position fluctuates between 20-29.9 hours per week, depending on the programming needs during the season. The Education Coordinator is responsible for all Stage West Education Department classes and camps, as well as the annual conservatory each summer. Traditionally, classes are scheduled for weekday evenings and/or Saturdays, and camps/conservatory take place during the weekdays in June and July. Most though not all classes at Stage West have been geared towards adults in recent years.
Dates of note:
Submission deadline May 15
Start date June 1
Areas of Responsibility include:
Educational programming throughout the year. This position is a direct-report to the Community Engagement Manager.
List of Annual Responsibilities Include:
- Develop, in late spring, the annual plans, verbiage, and budgets for classes/camps/conservatory for rollout throughout the following season.
- Coordinate Summer Camps and Conservatory Program and recruitment efforts.
- Retain/maintain adult student and youth student/parent relationships for year-round classes and summer programming.
- Coordinate, within an agreed upon timeframe, the various technical needs of educational programs.
- Collaborate, within an agreed upon timeframe, with Marketing Director for educational marketing priorities and potential needs.
- Collaborate, within an agreed upon timeframe, with Managing Director on department budgets and expenses, and file for instructor payroll as due.
- Hire educational staff with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Program educational content in collaboration with the Executive Producer and Community Engagement Manager.
- Be onsite for all in-person class offerings to unlock/greet, support, lockup.
- Handle registration processes/data entry and educational updates in regards to classes/camps.
- Attend educational presentations and other Stage West programming on opening nights.
All positions at Stage West are part of a team atmosphere. All able team members are expected to take part in special work calls, and be a part of maintaining Stage West’s culture and the building’s physical appearance. Stage West is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: employment [at] stagewest.org.
Notice posted: April 23, 2021
Stage West, a prominent regional theatre in North Texas, has been a leading figure in performing arts for over four decades. Its mission is to engage audiences with bold and exciting theatre that entertains, inspires and challenges. Stage West is staffed by a positive and fun group of artists excited to have a like-minded, talented individual join their team.