Stage West has the following job listings:
Shop Foreman (to work alongside the Technical Director)
Qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of professional stage techniques and materials. Must be self-motivated, have excellent construction skills and attention to detail, perform safe working practices, and execute tasks efficiently and accurately both individually and as part of a team. Must be able to lift 75 lbs. Ideal candidate has a degree in technical theatre.
Specifically the candidate may do any or all of the following:
• in accordance with standard safety procedures, lays-out, assembles and finishes scenic elements.
• weld and use metal working tools
• performs mathematical calculations in the construction of scenic elements
• reads and consults plans and blueprints
• follows through on tech director and designers requests on scenic elements
• cleans up the scene shop when required
• transports scenery to and from the shop and various theatres
• strike scenic elements at the end of the production run
• other duties as assigned
Position offers 30-35 hrs/wk.
General hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Evenings are generally free unless specifically noted.
Position is paid hourly with some benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit resume, and 3 references via email to L.W. Miller, formatted as .pdf. email: l.w.miller.lighting [at] gmail.com
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. No phone calls, please. Stage West Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
Part Time Cook for Stage West Theatre’s Lobby Cafe
$10/hour ($12 with experience or after probational period) – approximately 10-20 hours/week during production weeks (about 37 weeks per year).
- Work directly with Chef to prep and run shifts.
- Complete food orders as they come in and as directed by Chef.
- Maintain sanitary environment.
- Ensure self and staff compliance with current health codes.
- Reports directly to café Chef.
Approximately 5:30-9:30 Thursdays; 6-10 Friday and Saturday; 12:30-4:30 Sunday)*
*These times vary with length of play and number of audience to be served. This position is not required to close each night unless the service numbers require it.
Any professional kitchen experience is a plus; the ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate is hard-working, enthusiastic, honest and a team-player.
Contact Pam Huie, Café Manager, 817-504-8300, to apply.
This position offers an excellent, flexible way to make some good cash while working for a fun, local theatre company.
A good candidate will:
- Have prior restaurant experience and/or be a quick learner.
- Be good at multi-tasking.
- Have a well-kept and groomed appearance.
- Enjoy good food and theatre.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and be able to work well with others under stress.
- Be punctual.
- Understand the importance of good service.
The Lobby Cafe waiters work, as scheduled, before each Stage West Theatre performance. Standard work hours are Thursdays 5:30pm-9:30pm; Fridays/Saturdays 6:00pm-10:00pm; Sundays 1:00pm-5:00pm. Additional hours are also possible for special events.
Pay: Restaurant tips.
Interested? Contact Pam at phuie55 [at] gmail.com