Modern Experience for Modern Theatre. Stage West Theatre is looking for qualified college undergraduate or graduate students of the performing arts & arts education to work in full- or part-time internships.
We customize your internship to include a combination of duties to prepare you for a career in a modern theatre world. A stipend may be offered based upon the type of internship. Housing is not provided. Reliable transportation is required. Stage West Theatre will work with colleges or universities to arrange credited internships. Undergraduate and graduate students may apply throughout the year.
Areas for internship may include:
This program serves to develop new skills in areas that interns might not be familiar with so interns should be willing and prepared to work outside of their specialty.
Stage Management Intern: Gain hands-on professional training to prepare you to become an effective and established Stage Manager.
Stage Management Intern duties:
- Working alongside an Equity Stage Manager during all rehearsals
- Actively participating in all production meetings with some of DFW’s best directors and designers
- May be required to operate Light, Sound & Qlab board or run backstage for a shows run.
- Serve as properties master on productions you are working on
- Organize and managerial duties assigned as the Production Stage Manager sees fit.
Technical Intern: Assist production staff and designers in all areas of production. Duties may include set and prop construction, board operation, light hanging and clerical assistance.
Technical Intern duties:
- Assist the Technical Director with the build, installation, and strike of a set.
- Assist the Master Electrician with hang and focus
- Assist the Scenic Painter
- Assist with general building maintenance
- May be required to operate Light, Sound & Qlab board for a shows run
- May be assigned Set, Lights, Costumes and/or Sound Designer for Festival of The Kids production.
Development: Assist the Development Director with the annual fund campaign and fundraising events, and grant proposal writing. Duties may include research, planning, computer data entry, mailing list maintenance and general office assistance.
PR/Marketing: Assist the PR/Marketing Director in the promotion and sales of all productions, education programs and special events for the theater. Duties may include writing press releases, newsletter preparation, general office work and customer relations.
Send resume and cover letter with contact information and three letters of recommendation and/or three references to: intern [at] stagewest.org (subject: INTERNSHIP%3A%20%20%2F%2F%20Add%20your%20area%20of%20interest%20here%20%2F%2F)
*Please put in the subject line the area you wish to intern in.