Stage West has the following job listings:
Stage West is looking for Shop Foreman to work alongside the Technical Director.
Qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of professional stage techniques and materials. Must be self-motivated, have excellent construction skills and attention to detail, perform safe working practices, and execute tasks efficiently and accurately both individually and as part of a team. Must be able to lift 75 lbs. Ideal candidate has a degree in technical theatre.
Specifically the candidate may do any or all of the following:
• in accordance with standard safety procedures, lays-out, assembles and finishes scenic elements.
• weld and use metal working tools
• performs mathematical calculations in the construction of scenic elements
• reads and consults plans and blueprints
• follows through on tech director and designers requests on scenic elements
• cleans up the scene shop when required
• transports scenery to and from the shop and various theatres
• strike scenic elements at the end of the production run
• other duties as assigned
Position offers 30-35 hrs/wk.
General hours are 10 am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Evenings are generally free unless specifically noted.
Position is paid salary with some benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit resume, and 3 references via email to L.W. Miller, formatted as .pdf. email: l.w.miller.lighting [at] gmail.com
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. No phone calls, please. Stage West Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.